Today’s COVID-19 Information:
· NEW: Epidemiology data and notes
· NEW: Information on the COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-Registration Form
· NEW: Grand Rounds COVID-19 Vaccinations: Reasons Not To Be Scared (Thursday, Dec. 10 at 12 noon)
· UPDATE: Town Hall on COVID-19 vaccine and distribution plan for staff (Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 9 am)
· Helpful links
What You Need to Know
As of 6:30 a.m. today, Denver Health had 59 inpatient COVID-19 cases (-3 from yesterday).
For more information, please visit the Denver Public Health COVID-19 Data Summary (Please use Edge or Chrome). The website is updated daily and contains data on cases, hospitalization, deaths, testing and symptom monitoring.
NEW: Information on the COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-Registration Form
Today, all employees will receive a COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-Registration Form via email. Note that the vaccine is not mandatory for staff at this time, but the registration form will include a question asking whether staff members are interested in taking the vaccine or not. It is very important for all staff to respond to the pre-registration email.
We are asking all Denver Health leaders to ensure your direct reports have received the form so they have the opportunity to pre-register for the vaccine when it is available to them. This form also helps Denver Health understand how many staff members are interested in receiving the vaccine at this time.
Due to the nature of large email lists, staff members will receive the pre-registration email at different times throughout the day. However, all staff should receive the communication by end of day today, Monday, 12/7.
· If an employee has not received the registration form link by the end of the day, they are able to email COVID_Vaccine@dhha.org to request a link.
· Information on the distribution and FAQ for the vaccine distribution and safety questions can be found on the Help Center here.
As a hospital system that advocates for vaccinations and for the health and safety of our staff, we strongly urge all staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We ask that leaders ensure all staff who want to pre-register for the vaccine are provided the time and the tools to do so.
NEW: Grand Rounds Thursday Dec. 10: COVID-19 Vaccinations: Reasons Not to be Scared
This Thursday, Dr. Anuj Mehta will lead a Grand Rounds session on, “COVID-19 Vaccinations, Reasons Not to be Scared.” Dr. Mehta, recently joined the Denver Health faculty full time in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine in the Dept. of Medicine. He is well-known to many at Denver Health as an outstanding pulmonary and critical care specialist through his attending time in the MICU over the last few years. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Mehta has functioned as a key advisor to Governor Polis to develop crisis standards of care. Currently, he chairs the Governor’s Medical Advisory Group on Vaccine Allocations.
The Grand Rounds session is being held Thursday, Dec. 8 at 12 noon and is open to any Denver Health employee that wants to listen. An invite will soon be sent out to the organization. In addition, we will record the session and share the link with all employees for those who are not able to attend.
UPDATE: Town Hall on COVID-19 vaccine and distribution plan for staff
We hope that Denver Health leaders will join in tomorrow morning for a Town Hall on the COVID-19 vaccine and distribution plan for staff. We decided to turn tomorrow morning’s Leadership Meeting on “Capacity and Readiness” into a Town Hall format so we can answer many of the questions Denver Health staff has about the COVID-19 vaccine. Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Connie Price, will moderate the discussion. A panel of Denver Health clinical and public health experts will share details and answer questions on the distribution plan, safety and efficacy of the vaccine, anticipated timeline, prioritization of who receives the vaccine and how it will be administered.
· Dr. David Wyles – Chief of Infectious Diseases
· Dr. Judy Shlay – Associate Director of Denver Public Health, Tri-Chair of MIMM Committee
· James Gaensbauer – Interim Head of Pediatrics
· Dr. Tom MacKenzie- Chief Quality Officer
· Dr. Simon Hambidge – Chief Ambulatory Care Officer, Denver Health
· Kathie Chichester, RN- Nursing Manager
· Dr. Tim Jenkins – Infectious Diseases Physician
The Town Hall be held on the current WebEx meeting link. We will record the session and send a link to all employees so they can hear all the Q & A's. In addition, we will include these questions and answers on the FAQ that is currently in the COVID-19 Help Center.
What You Need to Share
· Please email COVIDemail@example.com with any questions.
Denver Health COVID-19 Resources:
· COVID-19 Staff Resources section on our website
· Denver Health COVID-19 Help Center which allows you to search for documents and resources