NEW DAILY HIGHLIGHTS – Today’s COVID Information:
· NEW: Epidemiology data and notes
· NEW: PPE Update
· REMINDER: Updated Guidance for Special Respiratory Isolation Precaution Removal and Algorithm for Special Respiratory Isolation
· REMINDER: Operating Room Instructions and Guidelines for Emergency Department and Inpatient Preoperative and Post-anesthesia care unit
· REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
· Helpful links
What You Need to Know
As of 6:30 a.m. today, Denver Health had 60 inpatient COVID-19 cases. (+10 from yesterday).
For more information, please visit the Denver Public Health COVID-19 Data Summary (Please use Edge or Chrome). The website is updated daily and contains data on cases, hospitalization, deaths, testing and symptom monitoring.
What You Need to Share
New: PPE Update
We have no significant interruptions to our supply chain and we continue to have a comfortable stock level of all our major PPE products.
REMINDER: Updated Guidance for Special Respiratory Isolation Precaution Removal and Algorithm for Special Respiratory Isolation
Based on CDC guidance, Denver Health has developed guidance and an algorithm for when Special Respiratory Isolation may be removed in patients hospitalized with COVID-19. If there are additional questions after reviewing the guidance you may contact Infection Prevention or the Infectious Diseases COVID attending.
REMINDER: Operating Room Instructions and Guidelines for Emergency Department and Inpatient Preoperative and Post-anesthesia care unit
Denver Health has established COVID-19 guidance for transportation and Operating Room procedures which are available at the following links. If relevant please review this guidance and contact infection prevention with any questions.
REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
The COVID-19 vaccines have shown promising results, and Command Center staff have been receiving many questions about the vaccines. We anticipate that a COVID-19 vaccine will be available to health care workers in Colorado in the next several weeks. Please see the FAQ document for more information.
· Please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Denver Health COVID-19 Resources:
· COVID-19 Staff Resources section on our website
· Denver Health COVID-19 Help Center which allows you to search for documents and resources