NEW DAILY HIGHLIGHTS – Today’s COVID Information:
· NEW: Epidemiology data and notes
· UPDATE: Operating Room Instructions and Guidelines for Emergency Department and Inpatient Preoperative and Post-anesthesia care unit
· REMINDER: Updated COVID Expense Request Form and Purchasing Graphic
· REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
· REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
· Helpful links
What You Need to Know
As of 6:30 a.m. today, Denver Health had 50 inpatient COVID-19 cases (+2 from yesterday).
Note: Hospitalizations for COVID continue to increase, both in Denver County and the state as a whole. However, hospitalizations appear to be leveling off.
For more information, please visit the Denver Public Health COVID-19 Data Summary (Please use Edge or Chrome). The website is updated daily and contains data on cases, hospitalization, deaths, testing and symptom monitoring.
What You Need to Share
NEW: Operating Room Instructions and Guidelines for Emergency Department and Inpatient Preoperative and Post-anesthesia care unit
Denver Health has established COVID-19 guidance for transportation and Operating Room procedures which are available at the following links. If relevant please review this guidance and contact infection prevention with any questions.
REMINDER: Updated COVID Expense Request Form and Purchasing Process
Please see the updated COVID Expense Request Form, which is vital to securing your needs during the pandemic. We have also provided an updated five step COVID purchasing flow chart to help you in your decision making process.
REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
The COVID-19 vaccines have shown promising results, and Command Center staff have been receiving many questions about the vaccines. We anticipate that a COVID-19 vaccine will be available to health care workers in Colorado in the next several weeks. Please see the FAQ document for more information.
REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
The full criteria for the use of remdesivir at Denver Health can be found on Policy Stat.
1. Laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 AND
2. Clinical status requires hospitalization with an anticipated length of stay of at least 3 days AND
3. Requiring supplemental oxygen to maintain oxygen saturation ≥90% OR mechanical ventilation AND
4. Not already clinically improving AND
5. ID Consult is not required, but may be consulted if questions
Note: Patients who have a 1-2L oxygen requirement but are otherwise clinically stable for entry into or ongoing management in the Virtual Hospital at Home (VHH) program do not require admission solely for remdesivir treatment.
· Please email COVIDemail@example.com with any questions.
Denver Health COVID-19 Resources:
· COVID-19 Staff Resources section on our website
· Denver Health COVID-19 Help Center which allows you to search for documents and resources