Each day, you will receive a COVID-19 update, focused on what you need to know, what you need to do, and what you need to share. Please print this out to share as a Huddle Sheet with your team.
NEW DAILY HIGHLIGHTS – Today’s COVID Information:
· NEW: Epidemiology data and notes
· NEW: Good Day Café Holiday and Weekend Hours
· REMINDER: COSH Closure/Holiday Notification- Return to Work Guidance
· REMINDER: Pumpkin Pie Pick Up for Staff Working Thanksgiving
· REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
· REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
· REMINDER: Scrub Machine Moved to MICU Waiting Room
· REMINDER: Discontinuation of UV Light Process for COVID+ Patient Rooms and Staff Break/Common Areas
· Helpful links
What You Need to Know
As of 6:30 a.m. today, Denver Health had 45 inpatient COVID-19 cases (-3 from yesterday).
Note: Cell phone tracking in Denver shows that social distancing is increasing in Denver, following the public health orders for Level Red. There are early indications that the increased distancing is having an effect - transmission in Denver is leveling off.
For more information, please visit the Denver Public Health COVID-19 Data Summary (Please use Edge or Chrome). The website is updated daily and contains data on cases, hospitalization, deaths, testing and symptom monitoring.
NEW: Good Day Café Holiday and Weekend Hours Begin Thursday
The Good Day Café will have limited holiday service hours starting Thursday, November 26 through the weekend. Operating hours will be from 6:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Thursday – Sunday.
REMINDER: COSH Closure/Holiday Notification- Return to Work Guidance
In observance of the upcoming holiday, COSH will be closed on Thanksgiving, November 26th, 2020.
Managers/ Supervisors: If you have an employee currently out on COVID leave and are anticipating their return to work date will land on Thanksgiving, we ask you to have them call COSH to schedule their return to work clearance appointment for Wednesday.
REMINDER: Pumpkin Pie for Employees Working on Thanksgiving Day
This year, as a small token of our gratitude to those staff members who are working on Thanksgiving Day; we are providing a whole pumpkin pie to take home and share with their household.
This is possible through the dedication and planning of our amazing Patient Experience and Food and Nutrition Services teams and a generous contribution from the Denver Health Foundation.
Pies will be distributed during the four time blocks below which align with shift changes. To secure a pie for your household:
- You must be an employee working on Thanksgiving Day.
- Pies should be picked up at the end of your shift.
- One pie per employee.
- Proper masking and social distancing is required while in line.
Who Should Pick Up Pies During This Time
Thursday, November 26
Employees coming off night shift
Good Day Café
Employees coming off early Thanksgiving Day shift
Pav C, 1st Floor
Remaining employees coming off Thanksgiving Day shift
Pav C, 1st Floor
Friday, November 27
Employees coming off night shift who did not receive pie during previous morning distribution
Good Day Café
What You Need to Share
REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
The COVID-19 vaccines have shown promising results, and Command Center staff have been receiving many questions about the vaccines. We anticipate that a COVID-19 vaccine will be available to health care workers in Colorado in the next several weeks. Please see the FAQ document for more information.
REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
The full criteria for the use of remdesivir at Denver Health can be found on Policy Stat.
1. Laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 AND
2. Clinical status requires hospitalization with an anticipated length of stay of at least 3 days AND
3. Requiring supplemental oxygen to maintain oxygen saturation ≥90% OR mechanical ventilation AND
4. Not already clinically improving AND
5. ID Consult is not required, but may be consulted if questions
Note: Patients who have a 1-2L oxygen requirement but are otherwise clinically stable for entry into or ongoing management in the Virtual Hospital at Home (VHH) program do not require admission solely for remdesivir treatment.
REMINDER: Scrub Machine Moved from RISE Up Staff Support Center to MICU Waiting Room
The scrub machines that were once currently located in the RISE Up Staff Support Center (Pavilion A, 2nd floor) have moved to the MICU waiting area (just along the corridor in Pavilion B).
REMINDER: Discontinuation of UV Light Process for COVID+ Patient Rooms and Staff Break/Common Areas
Incident Command, Infection Prevention, and Environmental Services have decided to discontinue the process of performing UV light treatment for COVID+ patient rooms (after a patient is discharged) and staff break/common areas (in response to staff illness). CDC guidance on environmental infection control in healthcare facilities states that routine cleaning and disinfection procedures are appropriate for COVID-19, including patient-care areas where aerosol-generating procedures have been performed. The disinfectant utilized by Environmental Services is hospital-grade and effective against COVID-19. Use of the UV light in Contact Plus rooms for patients who have had C. difficile will continue per CDC recommendations.
· Please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Denver Health COVID-19 Resources:
· COVID-19 Staff Resources section on our website
· Denver Health COVID-19 Help Center which allows you to search for documents and resources