Symptom screening for COVID-19 testing
Use the symptoms/signs below to assess persons for COVID-19 testing. A score of ≥ 2 points indicates someone who should be referred for testing.
For those with chronic symptoms (e.g.chronic cough or fatigue) consider worsening of those symptoms over the last 2 weeks as meeting criteria.
Two points each
- Shorness of breath
One point each
- Household contact of person with COVID-19
- Rhinorrhea (runny nose)
- Pharyngitis (sore throat)
- Abdominal pain
- Dysgeusia/ageusia (change/loss of taste)
- Dysosmia/anosmia (change/loss of smell)
- Myalgia (muscle aches)
- Severe fatigue
- Chills or rigors (shaking chills)
- Chest imaging suggestive of COVID-19
Walk-up/drive-up testing is available 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., 7 days a week outside the Webb Building (PAV G) on the Denver Health Main Campus. Testing at the Montbello Clinic location is available 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M-F and 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Saturday. Testing is also available at Peña Family Health Center and Urgent Care from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday.