Outpatient testing is for established Denver Health patients only.
- All patients need a COVID-19 lab order to be tested
- All patients must have an appointment scheduled to use one of our three drive-through testing center locations:
1) Main Campus/Webb Center for Primary Care: South entrance Webb building (Pav
G), 301 W. 6th Avenue, Denver CO 80204
2) Montbello Family Health Center: 12600 Albrook Dr., Denver CO 80239
3) Peña Family Health Center and Urgent Care: 1339 S Federal Blvd, Denver, CO
- Webb: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., 7 days/week
- Montbello: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday and Saturday 8-12
- Peña: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- NO PATIENTS WITH COVID-like SYMPTOMS SHOULD BE GIVEN AN IN PERSON CLINIC APPOINTMENT.
- Patients calling the appointment center with COVID-19 symptoms or concerns will be given a telephone appointment at their Medical Home.
- Patients calling the NurseLine and meeting criteria will be offered the next available telehealth visit at a Denver Health site and will be scheduling through the Appointment Center.
- Patients presenting to clinic will be screened for symptoms. If symptomatic they will be offered a Telephone visit or an in person screening in their car by a provider (process to be decided by clinic). At that time patient will be evaluated to determine if they meet testing criteria.
- During a telehealth visit by a provider or a Nurse a patient will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and offered a test if they meet criteria
a. Provider or Nurses use the COVID-19 SmartSet & SmartText documentation template (DH AMB COVID19 PROVIDER DOCUMENTATION  found in the SmartSet)
b. See algorithm document for guidance regarding COVID-19 symptoms and management.
c. If patient meets criteria, test ordered.
d. Nurses can order by protocol, forward chart to provider to co-sign.
e. Results will be released to patient immediately on MyChart and
f. Additionally, clinics will follow up on all positive results per Denver Health abnormal lab
- Patient Scheduling Process:
a. Provider calls, Vocera’s or Instant Chats support staff (Clerical or MA):
b. Support staff will:
i. Sign patient up for MyChart.
ii. Schedule the testing at Montbello or Webb “curbside outbreak testing” visit type.
iii. If speaking with the patient - provides patient with instructions for testing
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Very important for Webb
- Patient must provide identification and insurance card (if insured)
Note: The process for testing symptomatic Denver Health employees has not changed. Employees who think they have symptoms should complete the staff health survey as in the past. They will now have the option of being tested at Montbello or on the south side of the Webb building on campus.