Denver Health Telehealth Guide
For translation services please call: 303-739-1211, press 3 and say your preferred language.
What Telehealth options do I have?
At Denver Health, patients are able to:
· Schedule a telephone visit over the phone.
· Schedule a video visit if the care needed suffices for video conferencing with a provider.
Do you have Translation Services for non-English/non-Spanish speakers?
· Yes, translations services are always available.
· Please view this PDF for translations services.
What special equipment or resources do I need to get telehealth appointment with Denver Health?
· None! Simply call the appointment center and see if your visit can be done over the phone. Make sure to sign up for MyChart and download the MyChart app.
If I have an appointment already scheduled, how can I change it to a Telehealth visit?
· Patients are pre-screened for telephone visits and contacted prior to their appointment to change the visit to a telephone visit if appropriate.
· Some appointments may need to be done in person. Your provider will let you know if that is the case.
Can I schedule a telehealth appointment if I’m a new/first time patient?
· Yes! Just call the appointment center and tell them you are a new patient. Once you are set up, the doctor’s visit will be done over the phone whenever possible.
Can I choose between a video vs. telephone appointment?
· Not yet! We’re just rolling out our video capabilities.
· Health care providers will indicate which type of appointment is necessary depending on the care you need.
What if I do have a video appointment, what applications do I need?
· MyChart and ExtendedCare
How do I access MyChart if I want to communicate with my provider?
What can I do with my MyChart application?
· Request prescription refills · View visitor notes
· View patient charts and test results · Make payments
· Communicate with your doctor · Check in to a pre-scheduled appointment
** A limited number of appointments can be scheduled through MyChart. For those that can not be scheduled, call the appointment center at 303-436-4949.
Will I be charged the same amount for a telehealth vs. in person visit? Or will insurance bill me extra?
· Telehealth visits are processed by insurance carriers in the same manner as in person visits. There may be co-pays associated with the visit, so please make sure to check with your insurance provider for details. For our DFAP, CICP, Medicaid and Medicare patients there is no co-pay for telehealth visits.