NEW DAILY HIGHLIGHTS – Today’s COVID Information:
· NEW: Epidemiology data
· REMINDER: Updated COVID Expense Request Form and Purchasing Graphic
· REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
· REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
· Helpful links
What You Need to Know
As of 6:30 a.m. today, Denver Health had 48 inpatient COVID-19 cases (-6 from yesterday).
For more information, please visit the Denver Public Health COVID-19 Data Summary (Please use Edge or Chrome). The website is updated daily and contains data on cases, hospitalization, deaths, testing and symptom monitoring.
What You Need to Share
REMINDER: Updated COVID Expense Request Form and Purchasing Process
Please see the updated COVID Expense Request Form, which is vital to securing your needs during the pandemic. We have also provided an updated five step COVID purchasing flow chart to help you in your decision making process.
REMINDER: COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ
The COVID-19 vaccines have shown promising results, and Command Center staff have been receiving many questions about the vaccines. We anticipate that a COVID-19 vaccine will be available to health care workers in Colorado in the next several weeks. Please see the FAQ document for more information.
REMINDER: Criteria for Use of Remdesivir at Denver Health
The full criteria for the use of remdesivir at Denver Health can be found on Policy Stat.
1. Laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 AND
2. Clinical status requires hospitalization with an anticipated length of stay of at least 3 days AND
3. Requiring supplemental oxygen to maintain oxygen saturation ≥90% OR mechanical ventilation AND
4. Not already clinically improving AND
5. ID Consult is not required, but may be consulted if questions
Note: Patients who have a 1-2L oxygen requirement but are otherwise clinically stable for entry into or ongoing management in the Virtual Hospital at Home (VHH) program do not require admission solely for remdesivir treatment.
· Please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Denver Health COVID-19 Resources:
· COVID-19 Staff Resources section on our website
· Denver Health COVID-19 Help Center which allows you to search for documents and resources