HFWA provides employees with up to two weeks of paid time off for a COVID-related reason for the duration of the current Public Health Emergency and for 4 weeks following cancellation of the order. Governor Polis declares a Public Health Emergency and determines when it can be canceled.
Absences that allow you to use HFWA leave:
- Employee is subject to a quarantine or isolation order related to COVID;
- Being advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to COVID concerns;
- Experiencing COVID symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis;
- Caring for another individual who is subject to a quarantine or isolation order related to COVID or due to COVID concerns;
- Caring for the employee’s child whose school, place of care, or child care provider is closed or unavailable due to COVID related concerns; and
- Experiencing other substantially similar conditions